Agriculture, Nutrition & Health Academy
Visit the official ANH Academy website: www.ANH-academy.org
The Agriculture, Nutrition & Health (ANH) Academy is a global research network in agriculture and food systems for improved nutrition and health to serve as a platform for learning and sharing.
The ANH Academy is part of the three workstreams of the IMMANA programme. It aims to facilitate sharing and adapting of methods and metrics developed through IMMANA Grants and Fellowships. It is also a broader partnership that aims to foster a community of researchers working at the intersection of agriculture, nutrition and health.
The ANH Academy is jointly founded and initial coordination is provided by the Leverhulme Centre on Integrative Research in Agriculture and Health (LCIRAH), IMMANA and CGIAR's Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). It is hoped that new partners will join to support specific activities.
Aim and objectives
The aim of the ANH Academy is to foster a global community of interdisciplinary researchers working on agriculture and food systems for improved nutrition and health.
The objectives of the Academy are to:
1. Share innovative research in agriculture and food systems for improved nutrition and health;
2. Stimulate the development and harmonisation of new research;
3. Help strengthen the capacity of the research community to undertake inter-sectoral and interdisciplinary research;
4. Facilitate the uptake of robust evidence in policies and programming in agriculture and food systems for improved nutrition and health.
The Academy includes the following activities:
• An annual research conference, starting in June 2016. The second event will take place in July 2017 in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Technical and policy working groups
• Online and face-to-face seminars and workshops
• Online and face-to-face training opportunities
• An online collaborative platform.
Any researcher working at the intersection of agriculture and food systems, nutrition and/ or health can apply to become a member of the Academy. Membership is free of charge.